LIVING THE NEW NORMAL
The Belfry team is committed to protecting the health of our guests and staff by providing a safe environment for everyone who visits the Belfry. We are being diligent and taking extra precautions in order to ensure an enjoyable travel experience.
Please see below a summary of the enhanced processes and procedures we’re upholding to create an environment for all to enjoy. Your health and peace of mind is most important to us.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as disposable masks and gloves will be available upon request. Masks will be REQUIRED to be worn when you are unable to practice social distancing on property.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all associates based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves will be provided to associates whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts and CDC guidelines including housekeeping, maintenance, and any major operating departments in direct contact with guests.
- Seating in all public areas, including dining areas, terrace, lawn areas, and lobby is positioned at least six feet apart where possible.
- We recommend that all guests do their part and strive to maintain at least six feet between themselves and others.
- All staff on property practice social distancing and the health of each individual is closely monitored
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at all entrances and high contact areas throughout the property.
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
- The Belfry has always placed a strong emphasis on the cleanliness, safety, and comfort of our properties. Our Inn uses cleaning products and protocols, which meet or exceed EPA guidelines and are approved for use against viruses, bacteria and other airborne pathogens.
- High touch areas, such as, but not limited to doors, door handles, handrails, public phones, furniture in public spaces, and credit card readers are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
- Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on property.
- Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency. Flushers, locks, walls, toilet seats, dispensing stations, sinks, faucets, and doors are disinfected during each service.
- The reception area is wiped down between every guest interaction with the assistance of agent/host.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be strategically placed throughout the property.
- Housekeeping will be completed BETWEEN stays and available up to every 3rd day upon request to limit unnecessary entrance into your room for both guest and staff safety. Per the guidelines of the American Hotel & Lodging Association, we will not provide daily housekeeping.Additional towel changes are available upon request as well.
- Enhanced checkout cleaning processes have been implemented to ensure rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure and prior to guest arrival.
- All laundry is cleaned and sanitized through a commercial grade process.
- Hospital-grade multi-surface cleaner is utilized for sanitation on all hard/non-porous surfaces. Increased attention is given to thorough vacuuming of rugs and sanitation of floors, including low-traffic and hard-to-reach surfaces.
- Prior to arrival, electrostatic lights will be used to sanitize all areas and surfaces of guest rooms. The electrostatic fogger/light ensures even hard to reach areas are disinfected with safe, odor-free hospital-grade disinfectant.
- For our guests’ safety, we have eliminated a portion of the touchpoints in the guest room. Some examples of what we removed are brochures, pens, and menus.
- Per CDC guidelines, we have identified the major in-room touchpoints to receive extra sanitation, such as all doors and handles, light switches, countertops, remote controls, phones, thermostats, lamps, faucets, luggage racks, and ice buckets.
PUBLIC AREA TOUCHPOINTS
- Public area touchpoints receiving extra disinfection include entry/exit doors reception areas (Front Desk, etc.), credit card readers, pens, public bathrooms, bars, guest room keys, lobby area seating, coffee dispensing stations, and handrails.