When it comes to planning your wedding, things can definitely get a bit stressful. Whether you're planning every little detail down to the tablecloth cover or taking a laissez-faire attitude and leaving everything to the last minute, it can be a hectic time. Here at the Belfry Inne and Bistro, we want to make your wedding as stress-free as possible, so we've broken down the event planning process into three easy steps:
1. Picking a Ceremony Venue
One of the best parts of planning your Cape Cod wedding is just that: the location. The Cape is filled with a variety of possible event venues. From beaches to parks to hotels, the possibilities are really endless. When choosing a ceremony venue, it's important to consider these factors:
- Size: Is the venue big enough to hold all your guests? Or, if you're planning a small, intimate ceremony, is it too big? Be sure to consider guest seating, bridal party positions, and aisle length.
- Weather: Does the venue require a sunny, rain-free day to work properly? If so, do you have an alternate rain location picked out?
- Driving distance: Is the venue within reasonable driving distance for your guests and bridal party? Is their adequate parking on-site, and if not, will there be reliable group transportation?
The Belfry is only a short driving distance from a variety of beaches, churches, hotels, and event halls. So whatever you choose, the Belfry is always a convenient reception option.
2. Picking a Reception Venue
While we obviously HIGHLY recommend booking your wedding or event in the beautiful Belfry Inne and Bistro, we ultimately leave the decision up to you. Be sure to consider the following when choosing a reception location:
- Menu options: Does the venue offer the food you want at a price that works for you? If not, do you have a catering company picked out instead? In terms of beverages, do you want an open or cash bar?
- Size: Are there enough tables for all your guests? Is there room to dance? Is there adequate parking?
- Does the venue have a romantic feel- or at least the "feel" you're going for? How do you feel about the decor?
I've already written about the deliciously unique menu options the Belfry Bistro
has to offer, but just to remind you, we offer a variety of classic dishes with delectable twists for less than $100 per head! Customize your personal menu and take advantage of our medium-sized space for all the lounging and dancing your guests will need. Not to mention, the decor is something you will never forget!
3. Figuring Out Guest Accomodations
The last thing you want is to throw your close family into some half-price motel to cut costs. There's plenty to consider when choosing accomodations for your guests, but all that really matters is: Will my family be comfortable here?
If you don't know the answer to that question, chances are they're not. If you book your event at the Belfry, we will reserve up to five beautiful, comfortable rooms for you and your guests complete with a complimentary breakfast, free wi-fi, and no creepy budget motel rooms. Your guests will thank you later, I promise!
There's a LOT that goes into planning a wedding or event, but the Belfry WANTS to help you every step of the way. Check out our "Events" page
to learn more and take the first step to booking with us.
I wanted to start this post with something like "wedding season is in full swing," but let's face it: modern-day weddings have no season. Whether you're dreaming of blue skies and lots of sun, a snow-frosted winter wonderland, or a cool, crisp autumn feel, the Belfry Inne & Bistro is the perfect venue for any wedding.
Instead of dealing with overpriced, below-par catering or hotels that try to trick you into having a "magical" reception in a conference room, check out how the Belfry goes above and beyond to make your wedding memorable, classic, and fun for everyone.
1. Delectable Dining
At the Belfry Bistro, you will never be asked "chicken or fish?" Instead, we offer unique, delicious dishes that your guests will absolutely love. Some of our favorites include:
Butler-Passed Hors d'oeuvres:
- Crispy Mango Jalapeno Chicken Skewers - served with an exotic Mango Chipolte Salsa
- Lamp Chop "Lollipops" - in a mouth-watering Rosemary and Mint marinade
Appetizer, Soup, or Salad Course:
- Seared Yellow Fin Tuna - served with Cucumber Avacado Salad in a Citrus Soy Vinaigrette
- Salad of Baby Iceberg Lettuce, Cumbled Blue Cheese, Marinated Hot House Tomatoes, Apple Smoked Bacon, and Buttermilk Herb Dressing
- Cape Lobster Chowder - with Celery Root and Local Sandwich Lobster
- Pepper Crusted Loin of Berkshire Pork - served with Pancetta Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Lemon Herb Jus
- Line Caught Atlantic Swordfish - served with Herb Risotto, Grilled Asparagus, and Roasted Tomato Buerre Blanc
- Pan Seared All Natural Filet Mignon - served with Fingerling Potatoes, Asaparagus, and Baby Carrots in a Cabernet Reduction
Not to mention, our extensive drink menu will be fully available to you in the form of either an Open or Cash Bar, depending on your preferences.
For this caliber of food, you'd expect to pay at least $200 per head, right?
Wrong! The Belfry Bistro offers these gourmet options at an average of about $90 per head.*
2. Comfortable Accomodations
At the Belfry, we know how important the comfort of your loved ones is, and the last thing we want is for them to end up at some low-end motel or cooped up in their in-law's guest room. When you book your wedding or event with us, we will reserve up to 6 incredibly beautiful guest suites in The Abbey as long as you book for at least two nights.
Your friends and family will feel more at home than ever in our rooms and will probably never stop thanking you, and once they've fully digested their amazing meals from the night before, they can fill up on a complimentary breakfast or just lounge out in their air conditioned rooms while watching flat-screen cable TV or using our complimentary Wi-Fi internet.
3. Have you SEEN the place?
Who doesn't dream of getting married in a fairy-tale worthy church complete with stained glass, beauiful artwork, and fancy table settings? It's every girl's (and maybe even some guy's) dream. At the Belfry, we can make this dream a reality and give you that "royalty for a day" feeling.
I could talk about it for days, but words just don't do it justice. To see more of the Belfry, check out our room pages or come by and visit!
*Call us for further pricing details.
When it comes to planning a memorable wedding, there are few places more beautiful than the beach wedding spots on Cape Cod. The beautiful shores of the Cape extend over 560 miles; it is a beautiful region filled with rivers, ponds, lighthouses and scenic towns that promise an unforgettable wedding experience.
There are a variety of beach wedding spots on Cape Cod, including public and private shores; the list is extensive. However, we have narrowed it down for you to the ten best wedding spots on Cape Cod.
Perhaps two of the most raved about beach wedding spots on Cape Cod are Skaket and Nauset Beach in Orleans. Both are extraordinary seashore wedding spots. Located on the bay side, a Skaket beach wedding promises a spectacular sunset and calmwaters. Located on the Atlantic side of theCape, a Nauset beach wedding provides a view of awe-inspiring waves and white sands.
There are several beach wedding spots with views of landmarks. Hidden in Woods Hole is what many consider one of the best beach wedding spots on Cape Cod: Nobska Point Lighthouse. Standing over 40 feet tall, it was the first lighthouse built at Nobska Point; it is highly recommended a beach wedding spot because of the romantic view it provides of sunset. In Sandwich, a much sought after is the beautifully inscribed boardwalk at Town Neck Beach. Jonathan Young Windmill Park at Town Cove in Orleans is another one of the best beach wedding spots on Cape Cod. Built in about 1720, this historic windmill is located off Route 28 in Town Cove Park. The Pilgrim Monument in Provincetown is a popular Cape Cod wedding spot, with a panoramic view of the Bay and Atlantic.
Four excellent private beach wedding spots on the Cape are Highfield Hall in Falmouth and the three Winslow estates in Pleasant Bay South Orleans. The historic Highfield Hall, built in 1878, was recently voted as Cape Cod‚Äô s best wedding venue; a Queen Anne-style mansion it is described by many as the Cape Cod‚Äôs crown jewel. Winslow estates waterfront wedding spots include the seventeen-room Gentle Heritage Mediterranean estate; the five-bed Dock of the Bay and Meetinghouse Pond; and the five-bedroom Bay House on Pleasant Bay in South Orleans. Each of the Winslow estate overlook the Atlantic, Quanset Pond, Nauset Beach, and Pleasant Bay; providing some of the best private beach wedding on Cape Cod.