When it comes to planning your wedding, things can definitely get a bit stressful. Whether you’re planning every little detail down to the tablecloth cover or taking a laissez-faire attitude and leaving everything to the last minute, it can be a hectic time. Here at the Belfry Inne and Bistro, we want to make your wedding as stress-free as possible, so we’ve broken down the event planning process into three easy steps:
1. Picking a Ceremony Venue
One of the best parts of planning your Cape Cod wedding is just that: the location. The Cape is filled with a variety of possible event venues. From beaches to parks to hotels, the possibilities are really endless. When choosing a ceremony venue, it’s important to consider these factors:
- Size: Is the venue big enough to hold all your guests? Or, if you’re planning a small, intimate ceremony, is it too big? Be sure to consider guest seating, bridal party positions, and aisle length.
- Weather: Does the venue require a sunny, rain-free day to work properly? If so, do you have an alternate rain location picked out?
- Driving distance: Is the venue within reasonable driving distance for your guests and bridal party? Is their adequate parking on-site, and if not, will there be reliable group transportation?
The Belfry is only a short driving distance from a variety of beaches, churches, hotels, and event halls. So whatever you choose, the Belfry is always a convenient reception option.
2. Picking a Reception Venue
While we obviously HIGHLY recommend booking your wedding or event in the beautiful Belfry Inne and Bistro, we ultimately leave the decision up to you. Be sure to consider the following when choosing a reception location:
- Menu options: Does the venue offer the food you want at a price that works for you? If not, do you have a catering company picked out instead? In terms of beverages, do you want an open or cash bar?
- Size: Are there enough tables for all your guests? Is there room to dance? Is there adequate parking?
- Does the venue have a romantic feel- or at least the “feel” you’re going for? How do you feel about the decor?
I’ve already written about the deliciously unique menu options the Belfry Bistro has to offer, but just to remind you, we offer a variety of classic dishes with delectable twists for less than $100 per head! Customize your personal menu and take advantage of our medium-sized space for all the lounging and dancing your guests will need. Not to mention, the decor is something you will never forget!
3. Figuring Out Guest Accomodations
The last thing you want is to throw your close family into some half-price motel to cut costs. There’s plenty to consider when choosing accomodations for your guests, but all that really matters is: Will my family be comfortable here?
If you don’t know the answer to that question, chances are they’re not. If you book your event at the Belfry, we will reserve up to five beautiful, comfortable rooms for you and your guests complete with a complimentary breakfast, free wi-fi, and no creepy budget motel rooms. Your guests will thank you later, I promise!
There’s a LOT that goes into planning a wedding or event, but the Belfry WANTS to help you every step of the way. Check out our “Events” page to learn more and take the first step to booking with us.